Home Forums DIY Wifi Issues

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Waters 5 months ago.

• Author

soqueen

Hi there! I am having the hardest time connecting a wifi adapter to my PI B+. I can get the software running without issues, but I can’t connect from my iphone, it just perpetually “searches ” for my frame. How do I check to make sure the wifi adapter & or bluetooth are working? I can’t seem to get a command line to save my life! :) I have tried two different wifi adapters and two different bluetooth adapters, everything works without them attached. If I plug them into the pi itself, I get a cursor and a power symbol (with no CANVIZ screen), so they are connected into a powered usb hub (same one that is giving power to the pi). Help!

Waters
    Keymaster

Hey soqueen, could you share a photo showing how your pi is wired up? Just want to make sure that your devices are actually being detected by the pi. Are you seeing flashing activity lights on the bluetooth and WiFi adapters? Were you able to step through the frame setup process using the app? If so did you enter the same SSID (and password) as your phone uses, and is your phone currently connected to it?

soqueen

I apologize for the long break with this; summer holidays sortof meant a lot of travelling. I have picked back up this project, and am still unable to get the wifi working. I really think I just need to enter the wifi onto the raspberi pi B+ that is controlling it. How can I get a command terminal please? Nothing I have tried is working.

Kindly, Jennifer

soqueen

Also – I re-installed all the software from your 7/28 & 7/29 updates to the other two people who were having similar issues. I also deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone. I truly think that I just need to get the wifi / bluetooth dongles working on my usb hub, and that I appear to be missing the drivers. I need the command line to install them, but can’t get in. Help me please?

Kindly – Jennifer

Waters
    Keymaster

@soqueen sorry for the delay. I’m happy to continue debugging the WiFi connection issue with you if you’d like, but if you’re determined to have access to the terminal then please send me an email (info@canvizisart.com) and I will give you some instructions.

soqueen

Thank you for that. However, I have since managed to fix it all. My husband stayed home from work one day and managed to get a command line and put in all the information. Voila! Now it all works wonderfully! The problem was with the pi itself. It was missing drivers and ssid info that the app wasn’t letting us put in. Once we had a command line, we were able to make it all work.

We love it so much that we are building a second one (landscape to match our portrait one!) But he is going to see if he can make it work on a pi3. If he succeeds, we will be happy to share the modified files with you. So far he’s got it up and running, but the app wont’ connect to it.

Waters
    Keymaster

@soqueen Brilliant! Nice work. The ssid info is meant to be communicated by the app via BLE, but glad that a driver solved your issue with the WiFi device.

That would be great! Definitely share, if you get it working. Even if you don’t, share how far you’ve gotten with it and I will try to make some time to debug the issue and complete the work if I can.

Thanks for sharing, and glad you’re enjoying your frame : )

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.